[U-Boot-Users] Re: Error when updating local git repo

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 29 17:48:27 CET 2005

In message <43B40B6C.4030504 at dave-tech.it> you wrote:

> ok. I followed the example here:
> http://source.denx.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi. Do you suggest to use http
> instead?

This is the official recommendation. I have to admit that  I  usually
use  rsync  myself,  especially for the initial cloning, as it's much
faster.

> I have two local repos. One is just a clone of your public repo
> (u-boot-denx). The other one (u-boot-denx-dave) exhibits the problem I

How exactly did you create this second repo, and what exactly did you
try when attempting to merge?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The combination of a number of things to make existence worthwhile."
"Yes, the philosophy of 'none,' meaning 'all.'"
	-- Spock and Lincoln, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4