[U-Boot-Users] Re: Error when updating local git repo

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Fri Dec 30 12:35:43 CET 2005

Hi,

>>http://source.denx.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi. Do you suggest to use http
>>instead?
>

> This is the official recommendation. I have to admit that  I  usually
> use  rsync  myself,  especially for the initial cloning, as it's much
> faster.
To switch the protocol I have to change .git/branches/origin from
rsync://source.denx.net/git/u-boot.git
http://source.denx.net/git/u-boot.git
right?

>>I have two local repos. One is just a clone of your public repo
>>(u-boot-denx). The other one (u-boot-denx-dave) exhibits the problem I
>

> How exactly did you create this second repo, and what exactly did you
> try when attempting to merge?

u-boot-denx-dave was created by cloning the public repo. I don't
remember if I cloned your repo directly (cg-clone rsync://...) or if I
cloned the local repo u-boot-denx, it happend months ago. Then I created
4 new branches for ARM9 platforms and performed several commits and
merges from these branches to master. Finally I issued cg-update to
merge new stuff commited to the public repo in the meanwhile and I got
the messages I sent a couple of days ago.

--
llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
email: r&d2 at dave-tech.it