[U-Boot-Users] [patch] tools/bmp_logo.c using incorrect offset to pixel data

Andrew Dyer amdyer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 01:58:28 CET 2005

The attached patch makes bmp_logo.c use the header information about
the start of pixel data  in the bmp file instead of trying to find the
start itself.  If someone wants a test case bmp file that will
produce incorrect output with the current code e-mail me and I can
send it along.  The bug was seen with the tool compiled/running under
redhat 7.3 on x86 arch.  The visual indication was that the bitmap was
shifted to the right with a section of garbage displayed in the lower
left corner.  The source bmp displays fine with Win2000.

I would suggest it's worth noting in the somewhere in docs that
include/bmp_logo.h is overwritten by the default build environment
(with the Denx logo :-( ).  I added a line like this to my board
config.mk file to override this behavior.

#logo bitmap
LOGO_BMP = ../board/eldorado/rht_small_logo.bmp

--
Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.