[U-Boot-Users] MPC5200 + multi serial chips (16554)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 1 13:33:28 CET 2005

In message <41FF4AD7.5020400 at cocay.it> you wrote:

> I have to develop an embedded system with a MPC5200 and
> eight 16554 (32 serial ports). I'll use a chip seletec to manage the

Do you need to support all these 8 UART ports in _U-Boot_ ???

> May I manage the serial ports with setserial linux program or I have to
> develop a new device driver?

seterial is an application program that requires an  OS  to  run.  It
won't help you for U-Boot. [Yes, this is the U-Boot mailing list, and
we're discussing U-Boot issues here.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Beware of programmers carrying screwdrivers."      - Chip Salzenberg