[U-Boot-Users] MPC5200 + multi serial chips (16554)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 1 15:23:21 CET 2005

Dear Andrea,

in message <41FF7A6C.4040308 at cocay.it> you wrote:

> No, I don't need them in U-Boot.

Then this is actually off topic here.

> I would like to install u-boot and linux embedded in this board.
> I hope that setserial could set up the linux serial device driver to
> manage the 32 serial
> ports without any changes on serial driver. (I apologize for my english)

Your English is adequate.

Don;t expect setserial to be of any help on  a  non-x86  system.  You
will  have  to  tweak  at  least the mapping for the serial driver in
Linux. But as I said, this is off topic here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
What about WRITING it first and rationalizing it afterwords?  :-)
                       - Larry Wall in <8162 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>