[U-Boot-Users] Flash environment vs EEPROM environment

Thomas Schäfer thomas.schaefer at kontron.com
Wed Feb 2 10:54:11 CET 2005

Hi,

Thanks to all for your comments. I think we will put environment to flash using redundant sectors... :-)

Regarding Rune's answer I checked the _i2c_bus_reset function in cpu/ppc4xx/i2c.c and found a reset sequence using the IIC Direct Control Register of the PPC4xx CPU. Functionality is the same as implemented in the common/soft_i2c.c module. This should prevent the error condition described in doc/I2C_Edge_Conditions, or am I missing something? (We still have to store SPD data et al. in EEPROM).

Best regards,

Thomas Schäfer

Kontron Modular Computers GmbH

Konrad-Zuse-Str. 9