[U-Boot-Users] debug u-boot with BDI2000

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Wed Feb 2 18:36:21 CET 2005

Hinko Kocevar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After solving early problem with target reset (cable fault) I'm ready to
> do some real work!
> I order to debug u-boot startup and so on, do I have to enable/provide
> some additional options when compiling u-boot for my target?
>
> I've read the Debugging section in dulg manual, but it doesn't mention
> anything like that - Just to make sure...
>
> regards,
> hk

Just the standard ones for debugging: -g for symbolic support.

You may want to use -O0 to turn off optimization.  The linux kernel
won't link when compiled with -O0 because the expected inlining doesn't
happen (symptom: linking gives missing symbols) -- I don't recall if
u-boot has that limitation too.

gvb