[U-Boot-Users] debug u-boot with BDI2000

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 2 19:46:14 CET 2005

In message <42010F95.4070709 at smiths-aerospace.com> you wrote:

> Just the standard ones for debugging: -g for symbolic support.

This is default for U-Boot, so no change needed.

> You may want to use -O0 to turn off optimization.  The linux kernel

We never do this. You get used to see what the optimizer is  doing  -
and  actually this my be very important to know. We've been hunting a
couple of problems (like missing "volatile" atributes) when switching
from older versions of GCC to GCC-3.3 - turning  off  -O0  ould  have
made this impossible.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Actual war is a very messy business. Very, very messy business.
	-- Kirk, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.0