[U-Boot-Users] omap2420h4 u-boot debugging CCS JTAG

Komal Shah komal_shah802003 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 09:12:25 CET 2005

Richard,

> As long as you have set your SDR and GPMC timings
> correctly you can load
> into DDR to start your work.  Do know that the code
> will skip Clock and
> DDR init then.

Yes. I gone through the code of s_init(...) and
if(!sdram)..stuff !!!.

> Generally, I and have the gel file do nothing, and
> load directly into
> SRAM for initial debugging.  Then try it from SDRAM,
> then finally from
> flash.  I've had good success stepping everything
> with a Lauterbach
> emulator.

I need to acquire the Lauterbach soon then :-).

> If it crashed with 0x4020FFFC, I'd say you are using
> an OLD version of
> CCS which for some unknown reason needed a different
> driver to access
> SRAM.  Other emulators I've used didn't have this
> issue, but I did hear
> that some version of CCS did.

Right now I am using 2.30.01 + patch for 24xx, with
xds560 jtag driver supplied with the CCS.

> So update your CCS.  Or ask them for the magic
> driver which allows you
> to access SRAM.

Sure. I will check up and come back with more debug
test outputs.

> You will likely have some crashes due to needed
> changes in the code, but
> this is not one of them.  It is likely a tool issue.

Yes. I think it is time to update the tools.

=====
---Komal Shah