[U-Boot-Users] booting from USB

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 3 16:24:44 CET 2005

In message <42023F73.3090209 at fsforth.de> you wrote:

> I thought you told me that you tested it with a FS.... Maybe I
> misunderstood something.

Probably.

> Ok, put my image to the RAW partiton and executed usbboot again. Still
> the same problem like above...

I think you must be doing something wrong.

Which exact commands did you use to  put  the  image  into  the  boot
partition?

> Copied the image into RAM with usb read (hope it is correct) and then
> bootm. That works.

usbboot is nothing else but a  clever  version  of  usb  read  (which
auto-determines the number of blocks to read).

> Perhaps I find out how to solve that.

If you just posted the exact commands you use,  and  the  output  you
get, I had a much better chance to help you.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The number  of  Unix  installations  has  grown  to  10,  with  more
expected."    - The Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972