[U-Boot-Users] booting from USB

Jonas Dietsche maillist at fsforth.de
Thu Feb 3 16:12:51 CET 2005

Hallo Wolfgang,

>>A9M9750 # usbboot 10000 0:1

>>   Type: U-Boot
>>First Block: 1,  # of blocks: 10239, Block Size: 512
>>
>>** Bad Magic Number **
>>
>>Ok, let me see if the image on the stick is corrupt. I loaded it with
>>the fatload command.
>

> fatload? FATLOAD??? You mean you have a FAT filesystem on that partition???
:-O hope you havn't got a heart attack...

> Than why do you try using usbboot? usbboot like diskboot try to  load
> an U-Boot image from a RAW partition, i. e. without any filesystem on
> it.
I thought you told me that you tested it with a FS.... Maybe I
misunderstood something.
Ok, put my image to the RAW partiton and executed usbboot again. Still
the same problem like above...
Copied the image into RAM with usb read (hope it is correct) and then
bootm. That works.
Then I removed the "if (hdr->ih_magic == IH_MAGIC)" in common/cmd_usb.c,
set cnt to a suitable value and tested usbboot again. This works, too.

Perhaps I find out how to solve that.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Jonas