[U-Boot-Users] (no subject)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 7 16:48:52 CET 2005

In message <4bdc54b005020705577ecf6861 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> i'm starting to use u-boot for the first time. But i encounter a lot
> of dificulties.

I see. It seems your first problem is that you don't understand  how
to enter a subject in the mailer?

> The first problem is that i can't find my evaluation board in config
> files. how i can build u-boot withou this file?

If ther eis no config file, then there is probably no  port  yet.  In
this case you will have to port U-Boot.

> Need i to write my board configuration?

Yes, and all the rest which is necesary to complete a port.

> what memery is needeed to uboot? i want to put it in flash memory.

memery = memory? U-Boot needs some ROM (flash is fine) and RAM to run.

> i want to load linux via Ethernet and write into Flash memory, how i do it?

Read the manual and the FAQ.

> Thanks to give me some explanations, because english is not my
> language, and it is very difficult to find documentations in french.

We will try to help independent of your language skills. However, you
_are_ supposed to read the documentation (README, manual,  FAQ).  And
before posting.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Peace was the way.
	-- Kirk, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate unknown