[U-Boot-Users] I2C related questions with regards to booting 8xx on 2.6.10-rc3

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 7 17:07:35 CET 2005

In message <313680C9A886D511A06000204840E1CF0A6475FC at whq-msgusr-02.pit.comms.marconi.com> you wrote:

>  In 2.6.10-rc3 the 8xx configuration is only buildable for the following
> settings :

Actually this is totally off topic here.

> I understood (am I correct ?) that there is an alternative "soft" I2C
> approach, used in U-boot ?

Yes.

> If so, do you think - is it possible to port and try this "soft" I2C method
> at kernel booting ?

Of course this is possible, but it makes little sense. You don;t want
to spend to much processor time in busy wait loops as it's being done
in the Soft-I2C  driver  -  especially  not  if  there  is  a  better
approach (like using the CPM's I2C controller).

> Below I am attaching the log buffer showing successful I2C initialization on
> Linux 2.4.26:

PLEASE: all this is OFF TOPIC here. You are just  wasting  bandwidth.
Don't post such stuff here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I say we take off; nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be
sure."                                  - Corporal Hicks, in "Aliens"