[U-Boot-Users] Ramdisk: Bad Data CRC

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 8 21:26:28 CET 2005

In message <20050208191113.12212.qmail at web41411.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

>  => bootm 200000 400000
>    Verifying Checksum ... Bad Data CRC
>
> Is it too large of a ramdisk?  If so, what is the
> maximum size allowed.  I have 256MB of DDR SDRAM. This
> is a custom MPC8540 sytem.

Are you sure that smaller ramdisks are working  on  your  system?  It
might  be  a problem with your system coniguration. Also, did you try
did  you read the README and try playing with different "initrd_high"
settings?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more  interesting
than the question of whether a submarine can swim"
                                                - Edsgar W.  Dijkstra