[U-Boot-Users] at45 dataflash

Z.N. zoldnap at freemail.hu
Wed Feb 9 23:22:01 CET 2005

Hi!

Thanks for the reply!

This is how u-boot boots for me:

U-Boot 1.1.2 (Feb  9 2005 - 16:43:51)

U-Boot code: 21F00000 -> 21F16F40  BSS: -> 21F1B5F8
RAM Configuration:
Bank #0: 20000000 32 MB
Atmel: Flash:  0 kB
Error Timeout
DataFlash:AT45DB161
Nb pages:   4096
Page Size:    528
Size= 2162688 bytes
Logical address: 0xC0000000
Area 0: C0000000 to C0007FFF (RO)
Area 1: C0008000 to C001FFFF (RO)
Area 2: C0020000 to C0027FFF
Area 3: C0028000 to C020FFFF
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
U-Boot>

And if I display the contents of the Dataflash, the following happens:

U-Boot> md c0000000
c0000000:Error Timeout
Error Timeout
data abort
pc : [<21f08648>]    lr : [<21f12310>]
sp : 21eddc38  ip : 21edda28  fp : 21eddc7c
r10: c0000000  r9 : 00000100  r8 : 21eddfdc
r7 : 00000010  r6 : 00000000  r5 : 00000004  r4 : 21eddc48
r3 : 00000000  r2 : fffff200  r1 : 21edda5c  r0 : ffffffff
Flags: nZCv  IRQs off  FIQs off  Mode SVC_32
Resetting CPU ...

How come that the dataflash _gets detected_, however it is not
_readable_?!

(I only have dataflash no NAND flash..)

I've tried to set CFG_MAX_FLASH_BANKS and CFG_MAX_NAND_DEVICE to 0, but
this did not help (same as above). How can I remove NAND support from my
config? (Maybe that is the cause of the dataflash errors..)

I hope Wolfgang or someone could give me a hint (or some pointers to the
documentation..)

Best regards,
Zoli

PS:

In fact I've also tried to use the Atmel supplied loader.bin to load the
u-boot image, with the following results:

When the loader.bin image is running on the board, and outputting the
'C' characters, waiting for the Xmodem transfer. Then, the following
happens during the Xmodem transfer:

sx -X u-boot.bin </dev/ttyS0 >/dev/ttyS0
Sending u-boot.bin, 728 blocks: Give your local XMODEM receive command
now.
Xmodem sectors/kbytes sent:   0/ 0kRetry 0: NAK on sector
Retry 0: NAK on sector
Retry 0: NAK on sector
Retry 0: NAK on sector
Retry 0: NAK on sector