[U-Boot-Users] building sc520_cdp target fails -- needs ssi.h

Chuck Meade chuck at ThePTRGroup.com
Thu Feb 10 17:37:35 CET 2005

Building the sc520_cdp target on SuSE 9.1 Pro is giving an error message.
It fails identically under SuSE 9.2 Pro.

Building U-Boot for an x86 target uses the self tools (gcc, ld).
The hello_world example fails to link due to undefined references to
printf, getc, et al.  It does not appear to be building against the
printf implementation in common/console.c.  I modified the examples
Makefile to not build any examples since it appears that they are
not going to build.

The real problem is that there is a dependency on file ssi.h in
several places:  cpu/i386/sc520.c, drivers/ds1722.c, drivers/mw_eeprom.c.
I don't have this ssi.h file.  For those of you that are able to
build the sc520_cdp target, where are you getting ssi.h?  It is not
in the U-Boot distribution and it is not under any SuSE 9.[12] Pro
include directories.  I also do not see it anywhere on my RH7.3 machine.
Are you using a toolchain other than self gcc/ld on your development
host to build this target?

Thanks,
Chuck Meade
chuck at theptrgroup.com