[U-Boot-Users] i2c compiling and/or linking problem

Peter Asemann peter.asemann at web.de
Thu Feb 10 18:21:42 CET 2005

>>So I just added an #include <i2c.h> in to my boards board.c, put #define
> Why would you need this?

No idea, just because others do include it for some reason.

>>CFG_HARD_I2C in the include-file and thought that'd be enough.

> Why do you want to use CFG_HARD_I2C? Soft-I2C is much easier.

I thought that CFG_HARD_I2C would do everything on its own - and there's
less to configure in the /include/configs/board.h file.
Why is the HARD I2c so much more difficult?

> Maybe there is no hardware I2C implementation for your processor?
I just assumed there was one for the MPC875, maybe that was premature.

> You only have to compare the board config files. No other changes are
> needed. Again, I recommend to use soft-i2c  instead.  There  is  zero
> advantages with hard-i2c, just a lot of trouble.

You're the expert, I'm convinced ;-)

Thanks a lot,

Peter Asemann