[U-Boot-Users] Re: Environment in flash rather than EEProm

Martin Egholm Nielsen martin at egholm-nielsen.dk
Fri Feb 11 12:59:25 CET 2005

Hi,

>>> This statement is bogus. In the default configuration of the
>>> PPChameleonEVB board, the envrionment _is_ already in flash, and
>>> no  changes are needed at all.
Don't know it you care at all :-), but in my default PPChameleon config
this definition is hidden by the surrounding
#define ENVIRONMENT_IN_EEPROM
#ifdef ENVIRONMENT_IN_EEPROM

#define CFG_ENV_IS_IN_EEPROM	1

>>I wonder what would happen if the EEPROM is taken off (cheaper
>>production cost) - would U-Boot reject to start?!
> No, but it would complain about errors  when  trying  to  access  the
> device.
> If you remove the EEPROM, you should also remove the EEPROm  relevant
> config options from the config file.
Good idea. I removed "CFG_CMD_EEPROM" from the "CONFIG_COMMANDS" - that
should do it...
Thanks again!

// Martin