[U-Boot-Users] Re: Environment in flash rather than EEProm

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 11 13:20:41 CET 2005

In message <420C9E1D.1010208 at egholm-nielsen.dk> you wrote:

> Don't know it you care at all :-), but in my default PPChameleon config

I do care.

> this definition is hidden by the surrounding
> #define ENVIRONMENT_IN_EEPROM
> #ifdef ENVIRONMENT_IN_EEPROM
>
> #define CFG_ENV_IS_IN_EEPROM	1

Yes, and ENVIRONMENT_IN_EEPROM is NOT defined, and the  #else  branch
uses #define CFG_ENV_IS_IN_FLASH 1 (i. e. the default is in the #else
branch.)

This is what I wrote before: in  the  default  configuration  of  the
PPChameleonEVB  board,  the  environmment  is  in  (redundand)  flash
sectors.

> > If you remove the EEPROM, you should also remove the EEPROm  relevant
> > config options from the config file.
> Good idea. I removed "CFG_CMD_EEPROM" from the "CONFIG_COMMANDS" - that
> should do it...

Indeed.

> Thanks again!

You are welcome.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Actual war is a very messy business. Very, very messy business.
	-- Kirk, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.0