[U-Boot-Users] Need help booting an unsupported OS on ARM

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Feb 13 01:15:12 CET 2005

In message <2da76b6505021215452596cc8a at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> I am trying to use U-Boot to start up a home grown OS.  How can I make
> my OS a little more U-Boot friendly, or visa-versa?  The specific

You can do both, but in general you don't have to.

The most trivial thing is to start your OS using the "go"  command  -
assuming that the OS does not require to receive any information from
the  boot loader. Or, assuming the OS uses ELF files, you can use the
"bootelf" copmmand, too.

> problem I'm having is that when I issue a SWI on the arm, the U-Boot
> interrupt routines get used instead of mine.

Your OS is expected  to  install  it's  own  interrupt  handlers,  of
course.

> I can see why that is happening because the vectors in the flash
> address point to the U-Boot routines, but I'm wondering if there is a

This is only before relocation.

> way to set a secondary jump so that my routines are used.

You may want to peek for example at the  Linux  kernel  code  how  to
install your own interrupt handlers.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In accord with UNIX philosophy, Perl gives you enough  rope  to  hang
yourself.              - L. Wall & R. L. Schwartz, _Programming Perl_