[U-Boot-Users] decrease boot time

Konstantin Kletschke lists at ku-gbr.de
Sun Feb 13 14:14:04 CET 2005

Am 2005-02-12 23:30 +0100 schrieb Wolfgang Denk:

> You can do this even without hardware support. Attached  below  is  a
> trivial  expect  script  which you can use to pipe the output of your
> terminal program into to get it timestamped. this is not perfect  (as
> it  timestamps  on the _eond_ of each line), but does it's job in 95%
> of all cases. See the comment in the script for ow to use it.

This idea was mentioned by Grant also, thanks for that, I did not have
such a idea :) Did you forgot the attachement?

> Nothing is ever "simply working". You have to understand what you are
> doing. Reading the README helps.

:) I will read it again.

> It is wise to first measure what  you  can  get  before  making  such
> promises :-)

Yes, I agree, I will try the script thing tomorrow.

> This depends on the baud rate, of course. 0.1 ... 0.2 seconds is  what
> I see, too - for 115200 bps.

ok

> BTW - did you consider XIP??

Staring a XIP Kernel lasts longer on my board, I don't know exactly why.
I have the strange feeling my system does not full bursting.
I see the ADV signal after every ~6 BCLKs and there should be exactly 15
more BCLKs to see, where the system should really burst. I think the CPU
cancels each burst after the first valid read Datum.

Thanks for the links, I will read this stuff today.

Konsti

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF