[U-Boot-Users] jffs2 fs for linux

Hinko Kocevar hinko.kocevar at iskramedical.si
Fri Feb 25 18:37:59 CET 2005

Alan Casey wrote:
> Hi Hinko,
>
>   I had a similar problem. If you make sure
>   that your Flash is programmed similar to
>   the following order then it should work
>   with the setup you describe:
>
>   Image1 Addr1 u-boot  <-- mounted as /dev/mtdblock0
>   Image2 Addr2 kernel  <-- mounted as /dev/mtdblock1
>   Image3 Addr3 jffs2   <-- mounted as /dev/mtdblock2

Hmm, this is just like my setup in flash.
0x00000000 - 0x000c0000		uboot+env
0x000c0000 - 0x002c0000		kernel
0x002c0000 - 0x02000000		rootfs(jffs2)

But as you can see from my previous post, kernel does not mount the
rootfs as expected.

Are there any special/other bits I have to setup?

The same layout works on another pxa platform I have, but it is not
running u-boot...

regards,
hk

--
Hinko Kocevar, embedded systems developer
Iskra Medical d.o.o., Stegne 23, 1k LJ, SLO-EU

	"Aì rén"	|	[Analects XII:22]