[U-Boot-Users] jffs2 fs for linux

Alan Casey alan.casey5 at mail.dcu.ie
Fri Feb 25 19:09:52 CET 2005

Hi Hinko,

  Another thing you could try is when running
  U-Boot to set your bootargs environment
  variable to match your kernel command
  line (i.e. add rootfstype=jffs2):

  setenv bootargs root=/dev/mtdblock2 rootfstype=jffs2
  console=ttyS0,115200 mem=64M panic=5

  I've noticed that if i dont set 'rootfstype=jffs2'
  in the bootargs variable i get the same error message
  you were seeing for some reason.

  Hope this helps,
  Alan.