[U-Boot-Users] jffs2 fs for linux

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 25 21:03:24 CET 2005

Dear Hinko,

in message <421F36D0.4060703 at iskramedical.si> you wrote:

> (I apologize if the list recieves this(similar) mail twice)

Yes, we did :-(

> I have jffs2 fs image in flash and would like to mount it when linux
> asks for root fs.Linux gives out:

This is actually NOT related to U-Boot, so it's  off  topic  on  this
list.

> and command line is:
> Kernel command line: root=/dev/mtdblock2 rootfstype=jffs2 rw
> console=ttyS0,115200 mem=64M panic=5
> But how do I supply this info to u-boot when booting linux?

You don't supply any inforation to U-Boot, it's the LInux kernel  who
needs  to know where to find the root filesystem, Assuming your flash
partitioning in Linux  is  correct,  then  the  "root=/dev/mtdblock2"
should be all you need.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 22 - 24,  Hall 10.0 Booth 310
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The more sins you confess, the more books you will sell.