[U-Boot-Users] das u-boot and disc on chip

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 28 21:03:19 CET 2005

In message <42235801.5040600 at esem.com> you wrote:

> currently I try to bring up a LH7A404 board with a M-Systems G3 Disc on
> Chip as the boot device. Is it possible to modify das u-boot to be used
> in such an environment? Or has anyone already made an effort in this
> direction?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "boot device". It is no problem
to use DoC as boot device for an OS, for  example  to  load  a  Linux
kernel from it and/or use it as filesystem later.

> The device has a 2k xip area from where an initial loader could move the
> rest of das u-boot to ram to execute it from there.

You would have to write your own separate bootstrap loader then. IMHO
this is not woth the trouble.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is more rational to sacrifice one life than six.
	-- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3