[U-Boot-Users] Verifying checksum problems.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 28 23:14:03 CET 2005

In message <OF862372F6.71120301-ON85256FB6.006FAD22-85256FB6.00705E8F at optovia.com> you wrote:

>      No I did not try to figure out what happens when U-Boot compresses
> the kernel image.

How big is your uncompressed kernel image? Is there  any  chance  you
are including a HUGE image file?

>      Finally in our setting it is not okay if the ram-disk load address is
> 3MB, 4MB, 5MB, 6MB or 7MB. It works only when it is 8MB and above. Hence
> my question.

Are you sure that your RAm is working correctly?

> I'll make sure that the ram-disk is loaded at a much higher address but
> what about the 7-8MB corruption. Is there anything in it?

No. See section "Memory Management" in the README.

> In message
> <OFC0BE6659.AF54EF2D-ON85256FB6.006C6C07-85256FB6.006DD828 at optovia.com>
> you wrote:
> >
> > We load our kernel at 1 MB. We load our associated ram-disk at 2MB. This

Full quote deleted.

Please learn to quote properly. See for example

> --=_alternative 00705E8E85256FB6_=

And never, ever post HTML to mailing lists.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Premature optimization is the root of all evil.         -- D.E. Knuth