[U-Boot-Users] PPC440 interval timer off by factor of 10?

Andrew Wozniak awozniak at mc.com
Tue Jan 4 18:31:58 CET 2005

Hello,

I'm porting the OCOTEA u-boot package to a customer PPC440 board.  In
the process of debugging (non-CFI) Flash timeout functions, it appears
that get_timer() is returning a value which increments every 10msec
instead of 1 msec:

Further code examinations shows that interrupt_init_cpu() is indeed
setting up a 10msec interval.

#if defined(CONFIG_440)
	val = mfspr( tcr );
	val = gd->bd->bi_intfreq/100;	/* 10 msec */
Is this a real BUG? I can fix the flash related function which use the
timer but what about all the other modules which use get_timer() - some
are network related.

Thank you.