[U-Boot-Users] MPC8272ADS PCI limitation in u-boot

Rune Torgersen runet at innovsys.com
Mon Jan 10 20:51:14 CET 2005

I have seen that exact problem multiple times. I found one good way to
get that fixed on out internal 8265 port to a custom board.

I found that on our 8265 board, all IO resources have the lowest bit
set.
Changing m8260_find_bridges (in 2.6.9) to
(arch/ppc/syslib/m8260_pci.c
(psuedo patch)
        pci_init_resource(&hose->io_resource,
			  MPC826x_PCI_LOWER_IO,
			  MPC826x_PCI_UPPER_IO,
-			  IORESOURCE_IO, "PCI I/O");
+			  IORESOURCE_IO | 1, "PCI I/O"); // the 1 added
so IO areas work.

Helped for me. Now it newer compalins about resources.
Also had to make sure that memory map for PCI matched between u-boot and
linux.
Still havent gotten around to fix the allocation under u-boot (or linux)
to allocate prefetchable memory where needed.