[U-Boot-Users] [patch]virtex2 fix for bogus download error messages

Andrew Dyer amdyer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 07:23:06 CET 2005

the virtex2 fpga download code watches for init going active during
a download of config data as an error condition.  init also goes active
after a configuration is finished in concert with the done signal.  The code
in cvs doesn't check for done active until all of the configuration
data is sent.

On our board the done signal would go active "early" as the
configuration data has a few extra pad bytes at the end, but the
code would print an error message even though the download
had suceeded.

The patch adds a check for done going active before checking
init.  If done is seen active the byte loading is cut short.  If debugging
is on it will print the count where it finished (8 bytes early for us).
It also changes the printf string to indicate the counts it prints are in
ticks and not mS.

I only have a system with 'slave parallel' style config interface, so I've
only patched that download version.  The virtex2 slave serial and spartan2
versions may have the same problem, I didn't have time to look.

--
Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.