[U-Boot-Users] starting with u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 14 11:50:49 CET 2005

In message <001701c4f9ed$b51d2cd0$a1b9a8c0 at ZhuYong> you wrote:

> I am a newbie to u-boot as well as embedded system development, I have
> problem to port u-boot to my board.

Especially as a newbee you are expected  to  read  the  documentation
(README, DULG, and especially the FAQ section) _before_ posting.

> After compilation, I download the u-boot.bin to 0x08000000 with Trace32
> Then set PC to 0x08000000 and run

This is a FAQ. What you are doing is explicitely unsupported.
See http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/CanUBootBeConfiguredSuchThatItCanBeStartedInRAM

And please NEVER post HTML to this list.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own  cynicism,
it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.
                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_