[U-Boot-Users] u-boot-related but maybe off-topic question

Peter Asemann peter.asemann at web.de
Mon Jan 17 14:30:52 CET 2005

Ehm... first of all I want to beg for pardon for posting this maybe
rather off-topic question.

It's just that I'm not sure about how to program the memory controller
of my MPC875 in the u-boot:

Though it seems possible to issue only one refresh command each time the
memory refresh timer expires, it seems to be common to have the
refresh-timer expire more seldom and issue more refresh-commands in a
row each time to compensate for this.
Issuing a refresh-command is only possible in "all banks precharge"
state, the sdram memory datasheet says. So what I need to know is: Which
operations cause a memory bank to be "un-pre-charged"? I can't find that
information anywhere, it's like it's so trivial that noone mentions it.

Thanks for your time,

Peter Asemann