[U-Boot-Users] problems with serial console

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 21 01:49:02 CET 2005

In message <41EFF047.6090409 at gamebox.net> you wrote:

> I want to thank Mr. Wolfgang Denk and all the people who contributed to
> u-boot.

You are welcome.

> I did not add board define in  "arch/ppc/boot/simple/embed_config.c"
> because u-boot-1.1.1 passes clock speed in
> Hz and so as the kernel versions from 2.4.5 (DULG FAQ) accepts in Hz.

Are you sure you know exactly what you are doing?

> After successful compilation. I tried to boot the kernel. Here I am
> encountering problem with serial console.

Ummm.... I'm afraid I have to point out that this is off topic  onthe
U-Boot mailing list.

> After uncompressing the image and before loading the Linux.
> Many characters are skipped, And display can not be interpreted.

This is aconfiguration problem with your serial ports and console  in
Linux.

> kindly help in overcoming this Issue. Does  reducing baud rate helps?

This has nothing to do with the baudrate.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Just because your doctor has a name for your condition  doesn't  mean
he knows what it is.