[U-Boot-Users] Modifying CFG_IMMR in a MPC885

Yuli Barcohen yuli at arabellasw.com
Sat Jan 22 18:38:08 CET 2005

    Bruno> I'm developing a project that uses a MPC885 processor, that
    Bruno> has a embedded security processor. The MPC885 Reference
    Bruno> Manual
    Bruno> (http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/MPC885RM.pdf
    Bruno> - Section 10.4.1) and a Application Note
    Bruno> (http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN2800.pdf)
    Bruno> say that bits D14-D15 of the IMMR register should be set to
    Bruno> '10' to enable the access of the security processor (SEC
    Bruno> Lite) registers.

No, they say that SEC Lite registers are accessed at addresses having
bits 14-15 set to 10, i.e. if IMMR is 0xFF000000 SEC Lite memory space
is mapped to 0xFF020000.

    Bruno> I tried to change my define CFG_IMMR from 0xFF000000 to
    Bruno> 0xFF020000, but as result the U-boot hanged.

    Bruno> I searched the source codes of another boards (NETVIA,
    Bruno> NETTAx) that also use the MPC885 but all of them set the IMMR
    Bruno> to 0xFF000000.

    Bruno> So, I ask: someone here uses the Security Processor of
    Bruno> MPC885?

We use it in Linux. Do you really want to use SEC in the U-Boot?

    Bruno> How to set the IMMR register to achieve the access of the SEC
    Bruno> Lite registers??

 Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software Project Leader
 yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax   +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella Software, Israel