[U-Boot-Users] Modifying CFG_IMMR in a MPC885

Bruno jmmello2004 at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jan 24 12:49:36 CET 2005

 --- Yuli Barcohen <yuli at arabellasw.com> escreveu:
>     Bruno> I tried to change my define CFG_IMMR from
> 0xFF000000 to
>     Bruno> 0xFF020000, but as result the U-boot
> hanged.
>
>     Bruno> I searched the source codes of another
> boards (NETVIA,
>     Bruno> NETTAx) that also use the MPC885 but all
> of them set the IMMR
>     Bruno> to 0xFF000000.
>
>     Bruno> So, I ask: someone here uses the Security
> Processor of
>     Bruno> MPC885?
>
> We use it in Linux. Do you really want to use SEC in
> the U-Boot?

No, I just thought that I should initialize the IMMR
since U-Boot to use it in Linux. But I discovered that
is no reason to modify the IMMR (even in U-Boot or
Linux), just add an offset of 0x20000 to access those
registers (The Freescale Reference Manual of MPC885
isn't too clear about that...).

Thanks for the replies and your patience!

Best Regards,

Bruno