[U-Boot-Users] Flash Burst Mode

Konstantin Kletschke lists at ku-gbr.de
Mon Jan 24 15:03:26 CET 2005

Hi People :)

At the moment I am trying to get the burst read mode of my flash chips
running. I have a Motorola i-MX CPU with ARM9 core. The Flash device is
a 28F128K18: "Intel StrataFlash(R) Synchronous Memory".

If I understood right I tell the flash device with some commands and
data register words delivered by address bus to work in sync mode. After
that I program the chip select control signal of the microcontroller to
enable burst modus.

I am doing that by hand with the u-boot CLI but I manage to read garbage
after enabling the burst mode only.

Does anybody have made such a setup working? Or is there one board in
the u-boot source tree make use of flash burst mode so I can put this
into i.MX arch also?

Kind Regards, Konsti

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF