[U-Boot-Users] Re: Revision COntrol, Patch Database

Catalin Marinas catalin.marinas at arm.com
Mon Jan 24 19:33:38 CET 2005

I've been using GNU Arch extensively with the Linux kernel and I am
happy with what it can do. I have a minor suggestion below:

Jerry Van Baren <gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com> writes:
> Due to violation of ARCH naming conventions, ARCH has problems
> importing the following U-Boot files
>
> directories:
>
>           board/MAI/bios_emulator/scitech/lib/debug/linux/gcc/glibc.so
> board/MAI/bios_emulator/scitech/lib/debug/linux/gcc/libc.so
> board/MAI/bios_emulator/scitech/lib/release/linux/gcc/glibc.so
> board/MAI/bios_emulator/scitech/lib/release/linux/gcc/libc.so

You should usually import a clean source to avoid adding
compiler-generated files to the repository. Arch tries to ensure some
discipline on what files are kept in the working directory (but this
can be modified to be a simple warning, not an error).

You can ignore them by changing the "unrecognized" regexp in the
{arch}/=tagged-method file and it or by adding .arch-inventory files
in those directories.

Catalin