[U-Boot-Users] multiple chip selects

Nishant Galange nishant.subs at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 25 02:31:41 CET 2005

Dear all,

I have noticed some strange behaviour of my custom PMC addin card based on the 8266.
Connecting it to the Logic Analyzer shows that sometimes
2 chip selects are generated when I try to access the SDRAM. (boot flash CS0 + SDRAM CS2)

The card always fails after such an occurence
(keeps resetting every second).

If this does not occur, the card runs properly...
there is no pattern to its failing.

I know that my OR/BR values do not allow any memory mapped areas to overlap.
What, then, could be the possible causes of 2 simultaneous chip-selects?

Hardware info:
8266 based custom PMC addin card, 512K boot flash (CS0), 32Mb main flash (CS1), 128 Mb SDRAM (SODIMM, CS2)

Any hints/help would be greatly appreciated..

Regards,
Nishant