[U-Boot-Users] Re: U-boot 0.3.0 compilation error with ELDK 3.0

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 24 22:18:25 CET 2005

In message <1106590110.8c249fdcnishant.subs at myrealbox.com> you wrote:
> I wish it were possible to get my hands on the person who first customised

He must have left some trails...

> the u-boot. I'd shoot him for not starting out with a more recent version
>  of u-boot in the first place.

:-)

> Is there absolutely no way out?

You can try using old tools - the old version of  the  ELDK  (release
2.1.0) is still available on the mirrors.

> What is more surprising is that the makefiles
> and config.mk files seem exactly the same as in
> u-boot 1.1.1.

No changes to these files were needed, then.

> I repeat, is there absolutely no way out? I'm desperate.

Create a diff between the official 0.3.0 source tree and yours;  then
try  applying  this patch to the current tree. If you're lucky, there
aren't too many rejects. But don't hold your breath - 0.3.0 is _very_
old.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I've got a bad feeling about this.