[U-Boot-Users] Re: U-boot 0.3.0 compilation error with ELDK 3.0

Nishant Galange nishant.subs at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 24 19:08:30 CET 2005

I wish it were possible to get my hands on the person who first customised the u-boot. I'd shoot him for not starting out with a more recent version of u-boot in the first place.

But whats done is done, and now I have this task in front of me.

Is there absolutely no way out?

What is more surprising is that the makefiles
and config.mk files seem exactly the same as in
u-boot 1.1.1.

Especially the -Ttext 0xFFF00000 flag which is causing the error.
I did find out that the  -mrelocatable flag
has changed to -fPIC. That was one of the first
hurdles that I faced. But this one has me stumped.

I repeat, is there absolutely no way out? I'm desperate.

Anxiously,
Nishant.