[U-Boot-Users] really really tiny code

Nishant Galange nishant.subs at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 25 21:26:32 CET 2005

Hi all

Ref: 8266 based custom PMC addin card

I want a .bin file which is less than 5 kilobytes.
This will go into my processor's DRAM, live there and execute from there.

I want to write a really tiny program - just init core, MMU and stop.
Preferably, (if possible) I would like to start out with a blank file,
type in the code, and give the compile command at the good old command prompt.

Is it possible? If yes, can anyone please tell me the command?
Would any other files (.lds, etc) be necessary? What else will be required?

I need a micro development environment like this from where I can do all
my work out of the cosy little (really limited, I know) DPRAM, and try
out some experiments with the processor's registers and config.
I might even be adventurous and try initializing the ports and
glowing some LEDs :-)

What do I do? How do I proceed? Please help.

Regards,
Nishant