[U-Boot-Users] duplicate environment variables in U-Boot? (full log)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 31 13:24:25 CET 2005

In message <41FE1F3D.2020904 at anagramm.de> you wrote:

> Maybe it would be a good idea to either ignore control characters in
> the environment or show (escape) them properly? If I have these

I'm not sure if I want to do this.

"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things,  because
that would also stop you from doing clever things."       - Doug Gwyn

> duplicate values, I cannot delete them afterwards (without an
> binary dump of my terminal) and... if I wrote them to flash
> occasionally... well, ok, I don't see any high priority here.
> It's just a little annoying.

Yes, I understand. But then - maybe one day command line history gets
added, and then escape sequences will have to be interpreted anyway.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"If a computer can't directly address all the RAM you can  use,  it's
just a toy."         - anonymous comp.sys.amiga posting, non-sequitir