[U-Boot-Users] Problem starting u-boot on Xilinx V2P

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 5 18:08:23 CEST 2005

In message <42CAACB0.50101 at IfEN.com> you wrote:

> I have a own board with an Virtex V2Pro (V2P30) an want to boot u-boot
> on the PPC.
> Starting from the demo-design for the ml300 demo board, I managed to
> compile u-boot 1.1.1 (1.1.2 fails when running the tcl-script with EDK
> 7.1) and could download and run u-boot on my PPC. However, u-boot stops
> after printing

You cannot just use a configuration for one board and  expect  it  to
work on a different board.

Ummm... well, actually you _can_ do that, but you should be  prepared
to fail.

> ### No HW ID - assuming ML300
> DRAM:  128 MB

Seems your SDRAM initialization is misconfigured and/or broken.

> I get no further output afterwards. Another strange thing is, that I
> only have 32MB RAM on board but not 128MB as the ml300 has. However, I
> could not find any hardcoded RAM size in the source files for the ml300.
>
> Does anybody has an idea? I found the comment :

You missed to port U-Boot to your hardware. Go back to square 0. Read
the README (porting guide section) and do what needs to be done.

> in the ./lib_i386/board.c, however, there is no appropriate warning in

What has the x86 code to do with that? [Nothing!]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
That was the thing about deserts. They had their  own  gravity.  They
sucked you into the centre.           - Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_