[U-Boot-Users] U-boot environment in Xilinx System ACE?

Keith J Outwater kjoutwater at raytheon.com
Thu Jul 7 19:10:01 CEST 2005

Greetings everyone -
I am working on a port of U-Boot to a custom Xilinx Virtex2 Pro FPGA based
board which uses the PPC405 inside the FPGA.  The plan is to base the port
on the existing ml300 port.

The nature of the design requires that the Xilinx System ACE compact flash
card be the only nonvolatile memory on the board - no plain old FLASH
memory or I2C EEPROM.  Therefore, I would like to store the U-Boot
environment as a file on the compact flash card.

I have checked the latest CVS sources and it appears that no one has
implemented this yet.

Before I take a crack at it, is anyone planning to do this or in the
process of doing it?  Does anyone have any advice or caveats?

Thanks,
Keith