[U-Boot-Users] u-boot.bin size below 50K

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Thu Jul 21 16:02:13 CEST 2005

Houda wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know if it is at all possible to reduce the size of the u-boot
> to 50K or less?  I've tried removing all the non-standard commands without
> going anywhere close to 50k! Is there a way to reduce it to very basic form?
> thanks,
> Hoda

Theoretically, yes.

Would it still be u-boot?  The changes likely would be so large that the
result would not be recognizable as u-boot.

Has anyone done it?  I am not aware of anyone doing it.  The question
has been asked before but no patches posted saying "u-boot in 50K" so I
suspect not.

You have the source and a challenge, if you care to accept it ;-)

gvb