[U-Boot-Users] MCF5249 support in u-boot

William Yeung williamckit at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 15:41:31 CET 2005

Hello Stefan,

I used the external ethernet controller RTL8019 in my MCF5249 board. How can I choose the Ethernet driver for my board?

Thanks for your help.
Kit

Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de> wrote:

Hello Kit,

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 10:20, William Yeung wrote:

> I just started using u-boot on a Coldfire MCF5249 board. Could anyone let
> me know how to choose the Ethernet driver in the u-boot configuration?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the MCF5249 has ethernet
build in. So you would have to connect an external ethernet controller.

> Also, is there anyone who has used the u-boot 1.1.2 successfully in a
> Coldfire MCF5249 board?

Yes, I did. You can find the "TASREG" board which uses the MCF5249 in the
current CVS (please don't use 1.1.2, use current cvs).

Best regards,
Stefan