[U-Boot-Users] Re: after a sw reset, u-boot hangs in relocate_code

Jaka Močnik jaka at activetools.si
Mon Mar 7 12:41:39 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 11:58 +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <1110013168.3977.2.camel at pink> you wrote:
> >
> > > I bet your SDRAM init sequence is broken.
> > ...as mentioned before, the crash only happens after a sw reset; after a
> > hard reset, both u-boot and linux kernel work like a charm, therefore I
> > believe that this is not the case.
>
> I am prtty certain about this.
you were right to be certain;) and I should never doubt the advice of
the Wise(tm).

it seems that the DDR controller on PQ3 (at least on my board) hates
being initialized twice, so I put in some (rather hackish) code that
detects if it is already initialized (which is the case after a warm
boot) and skips the initialization. it seems to Just Work(tm) and I'm a
happy person once again: now I can reboot the linux kernel without
having to unplug the board, which will prevent some healthy walks during
work;)

regards,
	jaKa

--