[U-Boot-Users] gcc silencing patches.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 11 20:04:59 CET 2005

In message <4231C61C.6090504 at cray.com> you wrote:

> gcc 3.{>=3} whines about derefferencing typecast pointers inline.

Really? We use gcc-3.3.3 and neer saw any such warnings?

> It would make my builds somewhat less troublesome if we could patch as
> enclosed.

IMHO it makes the code less readable.  And  as  mentioned  before:  I
didn't see such warnings, so I'd like to understand the cause of your
problems first.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Boss, n.: According to the Oxford English Dictionary, in  the  Middle
Ages  the  words  "boss"  and "botch" were largely synonymous, except
that boss, in addition to meaning  "a  supervisor  of  workers"  also
meant "an ornamental stud."