[U-Boot-Users] Re: AT91RM9200EK Uboot on external Dataflash

Sergei Sharonov sergei.sharonov at halliburton.com
Sat Mar 19 03:28:02 CET 2005

SDI. - Dikhoff, Sascha <SDI <at> Hoeft-Wessel.de> writes:

> I´m developing under Linux 2.6.10 on the Atmel At91RM9200EK Evaluation Kit.
> Now I want to bring up U-Boot 1.1.2 on the external Dataflash (AT45DB642).
> I have a running (uncompressed!) U-Boot 1.1.2 on my parallel flash
> (AT49BV6416), but I can´t erase
> the externel dataflash. Do I need the nand utility in my u-boot commands?
> Which settings are recommended in which header files to get my external
> flash working?

I am running the same configuration without any parallel flash. The boot
procees is multistage:
1. On reset internal Atmel bootloader kicks in and loads primary Atmel
bootloader from serial or usb or dataflash.
2. Primary Atmel bootloadr is pretty dumb since it must fit in 12 kByte. But it
knows how to program dataflash. Use it to flash itself and u-boot. Then pass
control to u-boot.
3. U-boot is smart and allows you to do a lot of things, including

Sergei Sharonov