[U-Boot-Users] Error while booting Linux image

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 21 16:41:31 CET 2005

In message <3D9FDCA910DD4445896A0BE5ECF009D4030DCDCD at bla.satyam.com> you wrote:

> I am using U-Boot with a Linux kernel version 2.4.27-1.3.3-432 on mpc8248
> based board, but the last message I see is "Uncompressing Kernel Image ...
> OK" and Then the system hangs. I traced the code and realised that it stops
> when it makes a call to "(*kernel) (kbd, initrd_start, initrd_end,
> cmd_start, cmd_end);" (in file u-boot/common/cmd_bootm.c)
>
> As i searched through the archive i found a similar problem and had comments
> asking to verify the following:

Did you also read the FAQ:
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/LinuxHangsAfterUncompressingKernel

> 1. bd_info
> 2. IMAP_ADDR and CFG_IMMR should have the same value
> 3. clock speed saved in env
>
> My bd_info is:
> which i believe is correct. The value of IMAP_ADDR in

The question is not if it is correct, but if it is IDENTICAL  to  the
structure as used by the Linux kernel.

> I could not figure out any more cracks because of which Linux would not
> boot. Looking for your help on this.

Start reading the FAQ.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The use of Microsoft crippleware systems is a sin that  carries  with
it its own punishment.
         -- Tom Christiansen in <6bo3fr$pj8$5 at csnews.cs.colorado.edu>