[U-Boot-Users] Strange memory allocation problem in linux

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 23 12:10:03 CET 2005

In message <001b01c52f89$2166d6e0$1000000a at araavanesyan> you wrote:

> I have a loadable module (linux.2.4.20) which contains a 2 mb static gloabal
> array.
> When I load it from linux booted via U-Boot system crashes.
> Everything works ok if I do the same thing with the same linux booted with
> RedBoot.

You cannot boot he same kernel image  from  Redboot  and  U-Boot,  so
there is most probably a difference betwween your two kernel images.

Did you record the kernel boot messages  in  both  cases  and  run  a
"diff" over them? What did you see?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If all economists were laid end to end, they would not reach  a  con-
clusion.